Before court proceedings start we will assist you in trying to agree a settlement with your spouse.
If an agreement is reached, this can be put into a Deed of Separation which will be signed by you and your spouse/partner or can be submitted to court in the form of an agreed Order for approval by a Judge.
If an agreement cannot be reached, we can assist you through the proceedings to resolve finances. The court will consider: -
- How the equity in your matrimonial home should be divided or whether one party can remain in the property
- How any other assets you own are to be divided
- How your debts should be shared (if any)
- Whether your pension should be split
- whether maintenance should be paid to your spouse or former spouse
- In some cases, whether maintenance should be paid for your children