Not having a Will or failing to have it written properly can cause unnecessary stress and upset for your loved ones. You can safeguard against this by choosing our expert solicitors to prepare your Will.
Our Simple Will Service ensures that you have everything you need to be fully organised and prepared for the future.
The Simple Will Service includes:
- Consultation with a solicitor in the office or by telephone
- Provision for funeral wishes
- Appointing executors and substitute executors
- Appointing guardians for your children
- Provision for up to five monetary gifts to beneficiaries
- Provision for up to five personal items to beneficiaries
- Advice relating to your intended beneficiaries.
- Preparation of draft Will
- Further attendance for supervised signing of the Will in the office
- Secure lifetime storage of your signed Will
Our Simple Will Service does not include:
- Tax planning and pensions
- Mortgages and life insurance
- Disinheriting or leaving out family members
- Provision for children from previous relationships / marriages
- Assets abroad
- Home visits to take instructions or for Will signing.
The fixed fee applies to the service described. We will confirm to you at the outset, or as soon as it becomes clear, if any additional work is needed outside the terms of the service. If this is the case, we will let you know as soon as possible and agree with you how any additional work is to be charged.
Costs for undertaking the above work are £150 + VAT for a single will. If you have a spouse or partner, our fees for mirror Wills are just £250 + VAT for both.
If the will has a lifetime interest trust or discretionary trust the cost will be £200 + VAT trust single Will (£350 + VAT for mirror wills)
If you require a home visit for us to take instructions or for you to sign your will there will be an extra cost of £50 + VAT per visit.
Timescales for completion of wills are usually within two weeks of initial instructions dependent on complexity