If your loved one has lost the capacity to make their own decisions, choosing to apply for financial deputyship with the Court of Protection can be confusing. Our fixed fee service for £950 + VAT, lets our solicitors take control of this process for you.
The Court of Protection Service includes:
- Completing the application and supplemental forms regarding the protected person and the proposed deputy
- Lodging the application with the Court of Protection
- Advising you and responding to the Court at each stage
- Assistance with setting up a surety bond
- Checking the Deputyship order and advising on any restrictions or conditions
The Court of Protection Service does not include:
- Collecting in information regarding the protected person’s income and assets
- The registration fee
- The security bond premium
- Medical fees for the assessment of capacity.
- Administration of the Deputyship after the order has been made
- Involvement in any dispute between the applicant and any third party
- Home visits
- Personal service of documents upon the protected person
The fixed fee applies to the service described. We will confirm to you at the outset, or as soon as it becomes clear, if any additional work is needed outside the terms of the service. If this is the case, we will let you know as soon as possible and agree with you how any additional work is to be charged.
Timescales for undertaking the above work can be between 3 – 6 months